5 new regulations on foreign workers in Vietnam. The Vietnamese Government issued Decree No 152/2020/ND-CP featuring regulations on foreigners working in Vietnam and the recruitment and management of Vietnamese working for foreign organizations and individuals in the country (hereinafter referred to as “Decree 152”). Decree 152 takes effect on February 15, 2021 and has a number of notable highlights as follows:
- From 15/02/2021, work permit is only renewed once for a maximum period of 02 years.
- Foreign workers with at least 5 years of experience and practising certificates suitable to the job positions in which the foreign workers are expected to work in Vietnam will be considered as “experts”.
- Foreigners with at least 5 years of experience that is suitable to the job position in which the foreign worker is expected to work in Vietnam will be considered as a technical worker.
- A foreign worker who is a chair of a board or a member of the Board of Directors of a joint-stock company or a capital-contributing member of a limited liability company with a capital contribution of 3 billion VND or more is not subjected to work permit.
- Foreign workers entering Vietnam to work as managers, executive directors, experts or technical workers with working time of less than 30 days and not more than 03 times a year do not have to apply for work permits.